Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 126: Jessie!

FORT LAUDERDALE, FL USA


Well Jessie made her connecting fight just barely.  She got off and ran down the hall, stepped on the plane and left.  The plan today was to hang out and go to the beach.  Just as we were getting ready to leave the dock hand came by to do a pump out.  So we did that.  Then I noticed that one of the compressors for the air conditioning was struggling.  By chance I checked the strainers and they were caked with mud and barnacles...oops.  I cleaned those up and found that the gaskets were shot.  No AC until I got new gaskets. I called Sam's Marine and while they had them in stock they were a 15 minute drive...one way.  Forget it, I'll leave the doors open and we'll go to the beach for awhile.  Just as we were leaving the divers showed up with the refurbished prop.  O.K. well hold on let me help them for a second.  Then Jeremy calls and says the pilot house doors are ready and he can bring them over.  Fine O.K. but on your way pick up those gaskets from Sam's Marine.  Pilot house doors on, AC running, starboard prop back on, empty holding tank, clean strainers.....O.K. lets go to the beach....finally.  For not planning on doing much today I sure did get a lot done.
All in all it was a great beach day, minus the fact that Jessie got stung by a jelly fish after the first two minutes of being in the water, and by the fact that I had to leave and go get stuff done on the boat.  Jessie is fine and I got a little sunburned so I guess it was a pretty good day!

Time to go wander the town, grab some dinner, and RELAX!!!!

Sound Waves Out

No comments:

Post a Comment