Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 136: Happy Valentines Day

FT. LAUDERDALE, FL USA


I am trying to time everything up for the return of the owner sometime next week.  It is getting to the point where the big tasks left involve cleaning.  I don't want to clean to early, otherwise I will have to do it again before the owner gets here.  We will hopefully be ready for sea trial by Wednesday which will be a huge relief.  I still don't have the fuel issue completely figured out, but hopefully after we start the engines everything will work itself out.  The racors got a complete re-build and appear to be holding fuel just fine, but the fuel lift pump for the starboard engine still won't take a prime.  We attempted to put a little oil in the pump housing, hoping that the viscosity would help the pump pick up a prime... no luck.  We filled the fuel lines on both the input and output side, getting fuel as close to the pump as possible... no luck.  If firing the engine doesn't do anything then I plan on changing out the pump yet again.  If that doesn't work then we have big problems as there is obviously a leak in the fuel lines somewhere.  It is a good sign however that the racors are staying full.

A couple of videos worth watching:
I think I have maybe posted one of them already but I am not sure.
Enjoy:
Fort Lauderdale...Just another day on the water

Another day at the office



Sound Waves Out

No comments:

Post a Comment