Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 106 & 107: Relax

KEY WEST, FL USA


The weather is finally starting to come around and while it was still a little cool on Saturday it was sunny and beautiful otherwise.  I worked in the morning and then was told to take it easy the rest of the afternoon.  We cooked some burgers on the grill with the owner and his two guests that are here.  It was great to kick back and relax and enjoy the afternoon.  The race boats are all in town for Key West Race week and I knew one of the boats that was in from Macatawa, MI.  Mark, who was Brady's mate for the river delivery, is down here helping out on the Melges 32, Heart Attack.  I saw them come in from practice and went over to say hello.  They were all pretty busy and I stayed out of their way.  Mark called me later and we went and got a burger at a place downtown.  We roamed the streets for a bit and checked out some places off of the beaten path.  It was good to catch up.  He had to get back to the condo early as he had to dive on the sailboat early in the morning the following day.  I met up with the owner and his guests and we had a ball.  The night ended with just me and one of the owners guests and I think we hit every place in Key West.  It was so great to let loose for a night and relax a little bit.  I feel like we have been going a million miles an hour for the past few months so it was nice to go out and get away from the boat.

I slept in a little bit on Sunday but was still the first awake.  The Chicago Bears were playing today and because of contracts and laws we weren't going to be able to pick up the game on the boat, because we don't get local chicago channels.  We don't get local channels for Key West either.  Well we started brainstorming and decided to run the CATV cable to the dock, which we haven't done in years because we have had satellite.  Well the switch boxes were a little old and the picture wasn't very good.  Well we bypassed that whole system, ran a cord right in to the salon, ripped out some cabinets and plugged the CATV directly in to the tv.  I think the quality is better than satellite now, and the bears won!

The owner made an amazing spaghetti dinner for everyone tonight.  He put onions, hot italian sausage, some spices and meatballs in to the sauce.  It was very good and I am stuffed!
I will probably watch the rest of the Jets, Patriots football game and then head to bed.  We are going to go out and go fishing tomorrow and I need to get up early and go get some chum and bait.  I am really excited and I am saying forget the mahi and the wahoo I want to catch a marlin!!!


Sound Waves Out

No comments:

Post a Comment