Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 92 & 93: Happy New Year!!

KEY WEST, FL USA

New Years Eve I was up early and motivated to knock out a bunch of items on the to-do list.  It was a very productive day with two trips to West Marine and a haircut.  For dinner we planned to cook on the boat and then head down to Duval St. where all of the action would be.  I was pretty excited.  Other than not having any of my friends or family with me I was still looking forward to having a fun night.  We got to Duval St. around 1100 and it was packed.  You couldn't get through the crowd and were stuck standing wherever a small space opened up.  They did a conch shell drop from the top of one of the bars which was pretty cool.  The streets were packed for the rest of the night and every bar was alive.  I wandered from place to place soaking up each atmosphere and then moving on.  DJ's at one bar, live bands at another, and people were everywhere.  The owner gave me today off and it was good to hang around and relax.  I watched some football and really didn't move all day.  There is discussion that we may be staying in Key West for a couple of weeks, but with the dockage going for $3.00 a foot that may not happen.  

I plan to wash the boat tomorrow and hopefully start working on my tan :-)


Conch Shell Drop above Sloppy Joes


Duval St. Key West, FL New Years Eve


Happy New Year!  Conch Shell 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment